Does it count when you win an award when you were nominated by your sister? I hope so because I gratefully accept.
My sister, Helen, who is RVing Girl (http://rvinggirl.wordpress.com/) , nominated me for the Liebster Award. This is granted to fellow bloggers who have fewer than 200 subscribers on a daily basis and it is to encourage those of us who are new to the blogging world.
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link back to the person.
- Copy and Paste the Award into your blog. (Haven’t figured this out yet.)
- Reveal your 5 blog picks with links.
- Let them know you chose them by leaving a comment on their blog.
I began my blog in July, visited my sister at her home in Bermuda, and convinced her to begin a blog of her own. And now she’s an award winner! Well, in my books, she’s always been a winner. Thank you, Helen.
My five nominees are:
- Where’s Wormy? http://whereswormy.wordpress.com/ This is a new blog, in the last few weeks, and it is about a family “pet” who gets himself into all sorts of trouble, while having great adventures. Very cute and very imaginative.
- Fifty Four and a Half. http://fiftyfourandahalf.com Elyse is from Connecticut and is living in the Southern US. She is hilarious and I laugh every time I read her posts.
- Prairie Wisdom. http://prairiewisdom.wordpress.com I love this blog. The posts are all different but her humor and stories of her family resonate with me. She is also very creative and writes about her activities. I check her out every day!
- Siobhan. http://mylivelovelaughlife.com Siobhan writes with such ease about her efforts to get fit and healthy, something most of us want to do.
- Sylvia Morice. http://sylviamorice.wordpresscom Sylvia is a fellow Canadian who is writing with gentle humor about her life. She is cruising to Hawaii as I write but I can’t wait until she returns to daily blogging.
I think all of these blogs are worth following, and would like you to check them out. You may like them enough to subscribe to them too.
I am currently packing to move from Toronto to Ottawa and have been too busy to post every day but I am taking a little break from the house for a couple of hours and will try to get another post in tonight.