I thought I’d write about what I consider the best and worst in several areas. I’m not going to think about this a great deal. So I may later think of something better or worse, but it should be interesting.
- Art. BEST: The Group of Seven artists and I don’t think there is one of their paintings I don’t love. Tom Thompson is an honourary Group of Seven member and I love his paintings as well. WORST: Modern or contemporary art. I just don’t understand it!
- Music. BEST: Classical, especially Debussy, Chopin, Mozart. It lifts me up. WORST: Rap and Heavy Metal. I just don’t understand it!
- Movie (Musical). BEST: Sound of Music. Never get tired of watching it. It was the first movie I went to with my now Hubby. WORST: The Fantastics. I didn’t get past about 15 minutes but it has one thing going for it – Try to Remember, a lovely song, sung by Ed Ames and others.
- Movie (Drama). BEST: The King’s Speech. A great movie. I could watch it again. WORST: I’ve obviously blanked out the bad movies because I can remember some of them but not their names.
- Movie (Romantic). BEST: Pride and Prejudice. My all-time favourite. WORST: Nights in Rodanthe. A total waste of time, and not even romantic.
- Book (Mystery). BEST: Agatha Christie is still the Queen of mystery writers. My favourite is The Man in the Brown Suit. WORST: Miss Seeton Solves the Case. Terrible writing and the story wasn’t great.
- Book (Fiction). BEST: Pride and Prejudice again. The characters, the story, the setting. All perfect. WORST: I don’t think I can pick one. There are a lot of good books and a lot of bad books out there.
- Book (Non-fiction). BEST: Blink, by Malcolm Gladwell. I was captivated from the first page to the last. WORST: Some of the “diet” books I’ve read or tried to read. Many are filled with questionable “facts”. I remember one that said you had to eat a ton of sugar to lose weight.
I may think of a few more categories for a further post. Best and worst sport, job, etc.
Do you have any “bests” or “worsts” to share?